To kick off the 2009-2010 season, we are planning on starting with a weekend at the Washington Alpine Club's beautiful Guye Cabin, just off I-90 at the Alpental exit. You and your skiing friends can come for the meeting only (6-7 PM on Sat.) or to any combination of the activities listed below.
Schedule for SNC 2009-2010 Season Kickoff Meeting & Retreat: Sept 26-27, 2009
Saturday, Sept 26
* 8:30 AM: For those of you that are looking for a challenge, we will hike to the Kendall Katwalk or possibly Ridge and Gravel Lakes. This is a 11-15 mile hike, and it will start at 8:30 a.m. This will be at the PCT North. Please contact chris (at) snoqualmienordic.org directly to sign-up.
*Noon Lunch (bring your own. The fully-equipped kitchen will be available with hot water, microwave, etc.)
* 1-4 PM Hike in the Alpental valley Kathy & Michael Furtado are leading this. Meet them at Guye Cabin at 1:00 p.m.
* 5-6 PM Potluck dinner (Bring a non-alcoholic beverage and something that you like to eat, plus enough to share with about 6 people).
* 6-7 PM SNC kickoff meeting. Marla will present what the SNC Board sees for the coming season, take input for activities for the coming year, and present what the Board has been up to.
* 7-10 PM Clean-up, music, hang out (bring your instruments!)
* 10 PM Bedtime. Cost for those sleeping over is $15/person for non-Washington Alpine Club members, and $10/person for WAAC members. Kids under 13 are free. WA Alpine Club membership http://www.wacweb.org/About/join.view
The cabin is similar to the Mountaineers cabins, clean and comfortable, with bunks, heat, showers, indoor toilets, and electricity.
__Sunday, Sept 27__
* 8:30 AM Pancake/French toast breakfast (Any volunteers to coordinate the breakfast and potluck?)
* 9:30-10 AM Clean-up (Who can volunteer to coordinate the clean-up party?)
* We’ll head out for a hike at about 10:00 a.m. Sign-ups for this event will be Saturday evening, and we will organize and promptly depart for the hike at 10:00 a.m. (Chris Caviezel Organizer)
* Noon Lunch (bring your own or rustle up a sack lunch in the morning. Some fixings will be available.)
* Afternoon Spontaneous activity, or rest.
If you can join us, send an e-mail message to Derek Brown by Sept 23 at sk1dad (at) comcast.net
Include in your message:
* If you plan to join the potluck, what might you bring? (We don't want to end up with 30 desserts...or at least some of us don't!).
* Whether you plan to spend the night. (You will need to bring a sleeping bag, towel, toothbrush, headlamp, etc.)
* Would you like to carpool, and if so, from what area (N Seattle, Bellevue, etc.)?
* What you can volunteer for:
** Coordinate carpooling
** Plan and lead Saturday hike
** Plan and lead Sunday activity
** Plan and coordinate the food: breakfast and potluck
** Coordinate final cabin clean-up Sun 9:30-10 AM
Directions and final plans will be sent to those who RSVP by Sept 23. Pay your overnight fees at the cabin.
Email Kathy Furtado at kathyfurtado (at) hotmail.com
Derek Brown at sk1dad (at) comcast.net